The Attendance Officer will work alongside key school staff to promote excellent attendance, reduce levels of absence and work with children and families to promote high levels of attendance.
It is important to:·
Promote and support high levels of attendance
To support students in achieving their full academic potential
Promote a positive attendance and punctuality culture
Form strong relationships with parents/carers
- To work with groups of students to improve levels of attendance
- To work with parents/carers and other agencies in improving their child’s attendance record and coordinating parental support and training where appropriate
- To undertake home and school visits as designated by the school/Educational Welfare Officer
- To interpret information relating to attendance patterns and identify key areas of concern for the Senior Leadership team.
- To ensure all registers are completed and no missing marks or unexplained absences remain
- To assist with the identification of students who will receive support in improving their attendance record
- To check and remind any necessary staff to complete registers
- To ensure all unexplained absences are accounted for
- To monitor the attendance of vulnerable groups of students and liaise with staff/SENDdepartment
- To produce termly reports for Senior Leadership team
- To input timely information i.e. exams, music trips, sporting events, workbased learning appointments, absence reports etc and to keep Learning Coordinators and staff updated
- To check accuracy and correct coding on registers before printing off official registers and filing away on a term basis
- To follow Attendance policy and send out letters as required
- To provide updates for staff on student attendance
- To collate, maintain and update attendance data
- To work alongside relevant staff, contact teachers, senior management, learning support assistants to improve attendance
- To keep up to date with SIMs training
Qualifications and Skills
Good level of literacy and numeracy
NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
5 GCSE’s including grade C in English and Maths
Visiting families in their homes is a regular requirement of this post.
Full driving licence
Please contact us if this role is for you. Interviews to be held asap.